Thursday, December 20, 2012

My Quilts

This quilt is not an original, but I am very proud of it, so I am including it on this page. It was seen by quilt shop owners from all over the country. It was displayed in Northcotts booth at Market in Utah, 2011. Vic Dadika, sales rep saw my quilt at one of the local quilt shops in Las Vegas. (Quilt Boutique) and asked if he could take it with him to Market for the booth. What an honor.

This is a small section of a quilt called Greensleaves by Claudia Clark Myer. The pattern was in American Quilters Magazine , Jan 2011. It is made with Northcotts wonderful fabric called Stonehenge.
            
Vic Dadika holding up my quilt at Market          My quilt Alaska State Fair, 2011. Second place








                                                     Colorful Curves: By Lorraine Allers
                                       
 I used ombre fabric and a variety of free motion quilt designs. The curves were cut free form. Each section was quilted with designs from Leah Days Free Motion Quilting Project. This is my first small quilt using her designs.

                                                Lupines On The Kenai By: Lorraine Allers
 I manipulated a photo I took of some Lupines going on the road side in homer, AK. I took different sections of the flowers and used photo shop to change the appearance of them. The other blocks are paper pieced palm leaves. This quilt took a first place and division ribbon at the Alaska State Fair in 2008
                                           
Chick on a Stick: By Lorraine Allers
This was a challenge from my favorite shop in Alaska
It was National Chicken Dancing month and we had
to design a quilt for it. 


  
                                                         Brewtus By Lorraine Allers
This was taken from a photo of my sons dog. It measures 8 1/2 X 11 in.  It is four layers of fabric. I thread painted it. This is a Maria Elkin technique. This was entered in the Alaska State Fair and was awarded a First and Division Champion ribbon in 2010
                                       

                                               
                                                Purple Grandparents by Lorraine Allers
                                                   
The same technique to make Brewtus was used in this small quilt. This quilt is 8 1/2 X 11. It was made for my Granddaughter who insisted that we were purple.



Chewy By Lorraine Allers

This 8.5 X 11 quilt was made for my Grandson Jon Dodge. This is his dog Chew. It was made using the same technique and the Purple Grandparents, and Brewtus. It was his 2012 Christmas gift.




No comments:

Post a Comment